If there’s one regret I have about lifting weights, it’s that I didn’t try testosterone boosters sooner. These aren’t the type of testosterone boosters that requires expensive and time-consuming doctor’s visits.
These supplements are meant to naturally raise your natural testosterone levels. When this happen, you should start noticing better results in the gym by having more energy. Faster than normal muscle gain is also common.
But what are the best over the counter testosterone boosters of 2021? Let’s find out!
Best Over the Counter Testosterone Boosters of 2021
Sadly, most testosterone boosting supplement don’t do much. Most offer little in the way results, if any at all.
I’ve been reviewing supplements on bodybuilding.com forums, here, and other places around the internet for about 6 years. This list is a result of trying 19 supplements over years and years.
I’ll admit, there aren’t many great over the counter testosterone boosters. With that said, there are a few worth checking out. Here are my picks for the best OTC testosterone boosters of 2020.
Testogen gets the number one spot here because of how well it works. This product is made with 100% natural ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about any side effects. It’s also great for bulking up.
An additional benefit of using this product is that it helps with body fat reduction. This supplement kicks in hard and fast, so be ready. Expect to see, strength increases, more muscle, and a big boost in the libido department.
What Makes Testogen Special?
- Great for naturally boosting muscle
- Good energy booster (you can take it with caffeine)
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Especially great for fat loss
2. MuscleTech AlphaTest
Another great testosterone booster is MuscleTech AlphaTest. This supplement contains zinc, fenugreek, Shilajit, tribulus extract, and several other beneficial ingredients. Best of all, these ingredients are clinically proven to cause significant increases in your testosterone levels.
Currently, this supplement has a 4.3 out 5 rating on Amazon, based off of 2,480 ratings.
What Makes MuscleTech AlphaTest Special?
- It contains clinically proven ingredients to increase your testosterone levels.
- Helps decrease estradiol, which prevents testosterone production in the body.
- Third-party lab tested for quality.
3. Genius Test – The Smart Testosterone Booster For Men
If you’re looking for a “smarter” testosterone booster, you’ll want to check out the Genius Brand. This company doesn’t make supplements aimed at bodybuilders. Instead, these supplements are backed by science and made for people who want scientifically backed ingredients.
Genius Test currently has a 4.4 out of 5 rating, based out of 2,375 ratings. It’s a little more expensive than certain over the counter testosterone booster, but this one has a ton of good reviews.
What Makes Genius Test Special?
- Backed by scientifically backed ingredients, including KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Fenugreek Extract, Shilajit extract, and many others.
- Increases your mental clarity and energy levels.
- It contains three testosterone boosting ingredients exclusive to Genius Test.
4. GNC Mega Men Healthy Testosterone Vitapak
There aren’t many names more well-known in the supplement industry than GNC. Regardless of how you might feel about the company, it’s hard to deny the popularity of its multivitamin supplement. Since they’ve been around this multivitamin remains one of GNC’s top sellers.
It contains several different vitamins and other ingredients in a pack of capsules you take each day. There is a tablet for men’s health, testosterone support, prostate health, and circulatory support.
GNC Mega Men currently has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Amazon, based out of 877 ratings.
What Makes GNC Mega Men Special?
- Each serving of this supplement contains TONS of beneficial ingredients to help boost your testosterone.
- Popular product from a well-known brand.
- Helps with your general health, libido, prostate health, and more.
- Contains lots of antioxidants for healthier aging.
How We Found The Best Testosterone Boosters on the Market
This was something that was not done quickly (or easily). I started going back through my old notebooks and checked through all of the testosterone boosters I tried.
One thing that I used to help manage this big list of products was a certain criteria. If a product did not meet each and every one of the criteria presented, it was removed from even being close to having a spot on this list. The criteria that these products have to meet were the following:
- Did the product give me muscle gains?
- Was there an increase in how much I could lift/how long I could lift it?
- Is the product fairly priced? (Yeah, I’m a cheapskate!)
- No side effects reported with using the product in question.
Based on all of this, I delved into the list and started making some cuts. From there, I wanted to pick which ones met all of these important criteria but did it in the best ways.
Over the Counter Testosterone Boosters: What Separates the Good from the Bad
Now, I want to level with you, a lot of the times it can be hard to tell at first. As I have said before, these kinds of supplements are one whose results will show after a week at the earliest.
You must be patient if you are wanting to try and see which testosterone booster supplements will work best for you. These types of supplements are a dime a dozen in today’s fitness supplement world. There are so many out there that it is honestly hard to keep track of.
As newer innovations take over the supplement world, you will continue to be seeing more and more products added to the shelves. As you hit your mid twenties, you might be paying more and more attention to this particular section of the supplement store because that is when your testosterone levels often start lowering.
I hope this helps you make an informed decision over which test boosting supplement you choose. I highly recommend the products mentioned in the list above.